You Might Want to Change Your Deodorant or Detox

With this month being breast cancer awareness month I found something that I thought I should share. I read this article on blackdoctor.org stating that the aluminum in deodorant can cause breast cancer among other ingredients that are in our deodorants. Your skin is the largest organ of your body and we need to be just as much aware what we are putting on our body just like how we pay attention to what we are putting into them.

The article gave a nifty detox for your under arms with four simple ingredients:

  • Organic Apple Cider Vinegar- 1 Tablespoon
  • Rosemary Essential oil- 3 drops
  • Cilantro Essential oil- 5 drops
  • 1 tablespoon bentonite clay

When you mix the mixture together is should have a consistency of yogurt. Apply it under your arm, leave for a few minutes, and then wipe off. If you decide to continue using your current deodorant do this detox once a week. Normally, our bodies can filter out bad stuff like aluminum but it's through our sweat glands. With the sweat glands being clogged our body can remove toxins properly.

Which got me to thinking why and I putting this on my body? More importantly what does that do for a breastfeeding mother? When you are breastfeeding your milk production comes on the side of the breast under the arm pit. Just like your lymph nodes under your arm go down into your breast tissue.
I am currently breastfeeding my second son. I breastfeed both my boys and I remember with my first son I decided I needed to find something else to put on under my arm because he would always have this habit of putting his whole arm and hand under my arm pit. I didn't want him put his hands in his mouth and ingest any residue. So, I switched my deodorant to a dry spray deodorant. Even with the switch didn't remove the aluminum.

Until the questions can be addressed and answered I'm swearing off deodorants with aluminum. I am currently looking for a deodorant that is going to work for me and my body. Thought I should share this along to you lovelies. Save the tatas! Cause Lord knows I love mine! Until next time loves. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shea Moisture Shea Butter Vegan Lip Balm...Wait! Can We Talk?

Hello July: Well Wishes and Thoughts

Hello September