Our Boston Layover



We flew from Detroit to Boston before leaving for Europe and had about an 8 hour layover. I wasn't too thrilled about the idea so I made no plans to look up anything for Boston even though Sly told me to do so. He said Boston was my trip to find something for us to do. Normally, I would have researched and planned some things out. Like I said I wasn't thrilled and I did nothing.
When we arrived we made our way around to see where the international flight area of the airport was to familiarize ourselves with it when it came time to leave for our flight. We got back on the airport bus to head to rent a car last minute but heard over the system that there was a stop for the bus and train station so we decided to get off. We were trying to decide if we should do a day pass to get around via train or just purchase a ticket one way and another back to the airport. We asked one of the workers there and he told us to take the train to aquarium district saying that there was water views like I wanted, shopping, and eating. He said we wouldn't have to leave the area so we wouldn't need a day pass ticket just a ticket there and a return to the airport. With his advice we purchased the one ticket there and the return ticket to the airport. It was $5.50 a person each way instead of the $12 a person for the day pass.



We got off at our stop and started walking around and instantly was met by a woman asking for peace. She kept saying “peace, peace for Boston.” in her broken English. She then placed a bracelet on my and then Sly's wrist. Asking us to write our names down and give a donation. She hurriedly grabbed my money and walked off very quickly. As soon as she was gone Sly said she hustled me I said I know and we both laughed and kept walking. We made our way downtown and walked around for a little bit. We ended up having lunch at Tia’s we ordered the baked lobster, cocktails and enjoyed the scenery while enjoying our meal.

We walked around in the shops section of Faneuil Hall Marketplace for a bench and took in some more scenery of downtown. We saw a hodini act, watched a period time walking tour, another street act that pulled in the audience to dance and flip. We stopped by the sweet shop and got a cannoli and continued on our journey of Boston. We walked past the splash area where the kids played, screaming and laughing and running around happily until we arrived at the boat tours. We ended up just sitting at a outside bar, getting a drink, watching the game and making new friends. We meet two girls from Cali looking to make Boston their home in about two weeks for school and a fresh start. We've already been invited back to see them when we decide to return to Boston. We left from there only to return to the airport to make our flight.



There is so much to do and we did a lot in our short time there. There was tours where you could take for whale watching which was about $45, a tour to a park to see the trails and one spot that the boat ride was about 45 mins to get there and you could spend your whole day there.

I love the city of Boston and will definitely be going back. I'm thinking about planning a weekend trip for next year during the warmer months. I just had to share my experience with you on our time in Boston. I hoped you enjoyed!

Until next time loves!


Of course I added the video for your viewing pleasure! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shea Moisture Shea Butter Vegan Lip Balm...Wait! Can We Talk?

Hello July: Well Wishes and Thoughts

Hello September