Women Connect Wednesday | Black History Women Connect

Happy Wednesday loves! We made it through to the middle of the work week! I've working to get some things together and I'm happy to share.

Seeing how this month is Black History Month, we are doing a special Women Connect Wednesday. We're connecting you with black women for the month of February. Each week we will introduce you to a new black women to connect with and a black woman fact.

I'm super excited to share with you today's Women Connect Wednesday woman and it is Misty Copeland. If you haven't heard of her she is a American ballerina. She is 1 of 6 kids and was raised by a single mother. She was introduce to the ballet at the age of 13 by an after school program. In September 2000, she joined the American Ballet Theatre and in 2007 she became the company's second African American female soloist in 20 years. In 2015, Misty was promoted to principal dancer, making her the first African American woman ever to be promoted to the position in the company's 75 year history!

Misty as video, A Ballerina's Tale, 2 books, Ballerina Body: Dancing and Eating Your Way to a Leaner, Stronger, and More Graceful You and Life in Motion: An Unlikely Ballerina (New York Best Seller), and a Barbie Doll.

I really hope I did her justice even though I don't feel like I did. I was just way to excited to talk about her that I hope that I made all my points. If you watch video please comment on how you think I did.

Until next time loves!

Of course I included the video for your viewing pleasure! Enjoy!


Video courtesy The Fae and Cita Show via YouTube

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shea Moisture Shea Butter Vegan Lip Balm...Wait! Can We Talk?

Hello July: Well Wishes and Thoughts

Hello September