How A Setback Can Put You in Proper Alignment

I woke up with a cold sore last week Friday and I was filled with so many emotions none of which were happy. I was upset with the fact that I didn’t think the day prior was that stressful but my body told me otherwise. I was upset because that meant I let an event get to me that much that the stress caused this to happen. But, I hadn’t eaten the best that week I had been reminded that I had eaten McDonald’s twice that week (which is something I normally don’t do), my upcoming cycle didn’t help the situation either and the life event was just probably the icing on the cake. 

I was disappointed to say the least but I had to sit with the thought of everything happens for a reason. The longer I sat with it the more I thought about how I hadn’t been taking care of myself like I really should in a while now. I remembered some of the stuff I use to do and I wasn’t doing it anymore. Talking with a family member they reminded me that sometimes as a mother you neglect yourself while caring for your children and you should take the time to do something for yourself. I was also reminded of how focused I was on the body. I was eating healthier and walking on the treadmill during pandemic. And that family member was correct. 


I worked my way up to walking 5 days a week for 30 minutes on the treadmill before I had to start work and get the boys ready for virtual school. I juiced celery and sometimes carrots, I would incorporate a salad when I could and I was cooking all homemade meals. I was getting my water in and more sleep I had in a while at that time. I had lost weight and cleared up my skin. Things changed when I had to return to the office. I would try and start a routine and could never fully commit to it. 


Now sitting here with the cold sore on my face I thought about what I could do to get this to heal as fast as possible. I made a stop at the grocery store last week Saturday and added celery to my cart. I started juicing again. I have officially made it to a week of juicing and consuming celery. To be honest at this point I don’t want to stop as of right now. Sometimes life throws you little challenges to see how you handle them and sometimes it is to put you back on course of your path for who you are meant to be. It’s just a minor setback for an even greater comeback.


With gratitude,


Cita


Also, I attached the Setback for a Comeback video below for your view pleasure! 




Setback for a Comeback: How a Setback Can Put You in Proper Alignment | A Cita Life | YouTube 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easing Back into Blogging

Shea Moisture Shea Butter Vegan Lip Balm...Wait! Can We Talk?