Fashion Nova Jeans Review from Haul


Fashion Nova had a bogo (Buy one get one half off) sale on its demin. It was the perfect opportunity to get a new pair of jeans seeing how all my jeans and my youngest son were about the same age.The last pair of jeans I bought was from Forever 21 when they had a sale on their jeans and it was all skinny jeans. I wasn’t a big fan of skinny jeans at the time but I bought what my money could afford me seeing how all of my jeans had either had holes in the thighs or were ripping at the seams.
 


When I reflect on it I remember days trying to conceal the holes in my jeans with sitting with my legs crossed whenever we had to go into the conference rooms for meetings or I would just opt to stand up since that one time I sat down in a conference chair and my jeans ripped at the seam exposing my thigh from the inside seam of the jean. It got to a point that the 4 pair I had went down to 2 pairs and I would rotate each pair on alternating days so no one would notice I was wearing the same pair of jeans again in a row. I would throw the only pair of leggings in the mix one day out of the week to break it up. That went on for a very long time. 


So, when I finally told my husband at the time (kids father) that I couldn’t wear the tore up jeans that I needed to go shopping for some jeans with my already limited budget I was working with from what I made. I made sure to tell him in hopes he wouldn’t ask for me to pay for a bill that he stated that he would pay if I came in with some new clothes. Before you ask he did not care if I had clothes or essentials for myself or even for the kids for that matter. It was up to me to make sure we had it because he wasn’t going to buy it. Which I opted to make sure my boys had it before me. 


Even when I went shopping it was difficult because jeans were costing too much. I remember being frustrated and upset that I couldn’t find a pair of jeans that wouldn’t blow my entire budget or not be able to pay a bill if I was to purchase it or still need more jeans seeing how I would have only been able to purchase one pair at those prices. One day I just so happen to go into Forever 21 where they were doing jeans on sale for $10-15 a pair. I managed to get 4 pairs of jeans for $40. I walked around that clothing stand numerous times trying to find any pair that would fit me, luckily found some and tried them on and they fit! Having 4 pairs of jeans now made it easy to rotate through my jeans with less wear and tear on them. I hadn’t bought a pair of jeans since. Those same pair of jeans I bought 5-6 years ago were showing the same wear and tear on them like my last jeans before. 


I was hesitant on purchasing the jeans trying to convince myself that I didn’t need them like I had to do prior in that relationship only to realize I needed the jeans. A good portion of my clothes are older than my children and those jeans were falling apart. So, I made the conscious decision to get the jeans that I needed. I had to guess my size since I didn’t know what size I wore and I got pretty lucky because all the jeans I purchased at a size 13 fit. I purchased 9 pairs of jeans in total figuring that would hold me over for a while. 


I picked up a pair of shorts, Carter Denim Shorts in the color black. I thought it would be a great addition of clothes I would be able to wear while I was out with my children. I found out hanging out with my friend Keke first hand that those things ride up if you have any thighs or booty. I was glad I had wore them out with her instead of the boys first so no one was looking at me like whose mother is that?


Supernatural High Rise Jeans in Dark Wash are not short girl friendly seeing how it almost comes up to my breast at when I wear them but the fit and comfort are there so I don’t mind it at all. I never have to worry about a wardrobe malfunction wearing those jeans. Comfort and peace of mind in clothes are everything.


Classic Mid Rise Skinny Jeans in Medium Wash and Black are a soft comfy take on a skinny jean where it doesn’t feel like you’re going to lose the blood circulation in your legs from wearing them. The stretch that they have are really nice and is forgiving while moving around. I wear my black pair the least because I don’t want the color to fade fast. 


My favorite pairs of jeans were I Got it From My Mama in Medium Wash and Work That Booty Lifting Low Rise in Dark Denim. I Got it From My Mama jeans are mom jeans. My first pair of mom jeans ever! I would never buy mom jeans because I’m short for one 5’2” and it would always make me look shorter or wider than what I’m already am or rounder in the body especially the stomach area. I never found a pair that flattered me and I like until I got those mom jeans. Now, I’ll actually look at some mom jeans if I ever go shopping. Work That Booty Lifting Low Rise that pair I didn’t like at first due to the conturing lines in the jeans. Those had to wear on me before I realized I truly liked them due to the fit and comfortability.


My least favorite pair of jeans were the Flex Game Strong Low Rise Skinny Jeans in Light Blue Wash and Dark Wash. Those are not my favorite because they have no front pockets! I am a pocket girly give me all the pockets! The other reason is that those pants will slide down to the point that it will take my underwear with it. One time I squatted down to pick something up and stood up with half my butt hanging out. Good thing my shirt was long enough to cover it so I didn’t expose myself while out in public. Those jeans I constantly have to pull up if I ever wear them. My thoughts may change if I had a decent belt to wear with them.


I hope you enjoyed my review on these jeans and I’ll see you in the next post! 


Also, I attached the try on haul below for your view pleasure! 



With gratitude ,


Cita





Collective Haul & First Impressions: Opening Packages from Target, Shein, & Fashion Nova | A Cita Life | YouTube 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easing Back into Blogging

Shea Moisture Shea Butter Vegan Lip Balm...Wait! Can We Talk?

How A Setback Can Put You in Proper Alignment