Let Them Win Why

I been sitting on this post for over a month now. I was starting to debate if I should finish and post it or just delete it and move on. But, I really think it is something that needs to be shared. I've been dealing with something that I allowed to suck all my creative energy and energy that disrupted my spirit, my mental and physical health. Even taint what I deemed so important and special to me. And I realized that I couldn't let it happen anymore.

It's been a long few weeks. There has been times in this time period that I have experienced several levels of defeat, being lost, and not knowing what I should do next. I even had a few wins that came with some blows of defeat right afterwards. I had hopes that when I returned maybe things would be different. But, let's just be honest I knew shit would still be the same. I went back with a focus that I wanted to work hard at what I was doing and focus on growth. I wanted to gain clarity on something that I didn't want to bite me in the ass. And I didn't want it to block my growth and hard work like other things in the past. My focus on the answer and results I needed may have caused my struggle to be harder I'm not sure but I needed this to be straight so, that I could allow myself to work with a piece of mind.

A conversation with a friend about struggles we have gone through about our work life really had me quiet and contemplative because the thought of what she said is troubling to say the least. I remembered having this conversation during one of my defeated times and she stated that she felt like it she left then they would win. I thought why stay and lose. I didn't say it at the time but why stay there for the harassment? We could move on make more money and be happier in life and ourselves. I felt like that we would be the real winners if we left. Just the thought process behind staying and the reason for staying to prove something to people that didn't give a damn made me silent and very thoughtful. 

Having conversations with my husband and aunt was able to give me perspective. I am thankful for their support and guidance because of them made me ask this question.

Why let them win?

I just wanted to work. I just wanted to come to work and work and not have all the drama that came with working. I've always been a person that I didn't like playing games to make it ahead in work but letting my work ethic speak for itself. And I was going to do just that.

Why let them win?

I can only live the best life for myself. I couldn't allow her unhappiness, negative emotional energy effect my work and personal life any more. And whatever her issues with me or life I allowed them to stay right there at work.

My aunt was in the back of my mind when she wouldn't do right, "You can't make people right." I was able to focus better and work. The first time in years I was able to leave work right there at work! Talk about somebody being happy! I was able to work hard like I wanted and meet some goals that I had set for myself which in turn made her not happy but who cares!

Why let them win?

I will continue to work hard, live fabulously, and do it with a smile on my face. I got too much to do in life and why try to live in the land of misery because someone else is unhappy. The universe has smiled on me and will continue to smile on me.

So, I ask the question again why let them win?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shea Moisture Shea Butter Vegan Lip Balm...Wait! Can We Talk?

Hello July: Well Wishes and Thoughts

Hello September