Beauty File Beauty Edition: Bundle Revival!

I recently just did my sew in for the first time and I wanted to talk to you about how I prepared the hair for install. I haven't used this hair in over a year and a half ago so I know I needed to treat it with some love and tender care before the install.

I started the process by washing the hair with Edenbody Works in Peppermint Tea Tree. I did two shampoos with that then followed up with the Peppermint Tea Tree conditioner. It's a clarifying shampoo and conditioner that I use after I remove any protective styling to help remove any ick that has been in my hair and to stimulate the hair follicles.

I then used Queen Helene Cholesterol with Ginseng Conditioning/Strengthening Cream. I use it to strengthen and repair any damaged hair. My hair dresser told me to use this when I was taking swim classes to protect my hair from the chlorine to not dry my hair out and damage it. I applied a generous amount to the hair then wrapped it in saran wrap and let it sit over night.

I rinsed out the Queen Helene then used Shea's Moisture Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Shampoo and Creme Rinse as my last step. I did 2 shampoos to make sure I rinsed/washed out all of the Queen Helene then followed up with the Creme Rinse. I used a generous amount of the Creme Rinse on the hair as well. Once, I rinsed the hair I hung it up to dry over night.

When I used this hair last the products I was using dried it out. I was using Suave's Shampoo and Conditioner with argan oil. The conditioner seemed to do better on the hair and I would cowash the hair from time to time. But, going forward I knew I wanted the hair to look and feel better and be easier to maintain. Once, I realized that I needed to try the bundle hair like my natural curly hair it was a no brainer on how to handle and treat this hair. I am super happy with the results of the hair. It is shiny and super soft.

I hope these tips can help you revive your bundles!

Until next time loves!



This post has been updated to add the video for your viewing pleasure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shea Moisture Shea Butter Vegan Lip Balm...Wait! Can We Talk?

Hello July: Well Wishes and Thoughts

Hello September