Teething Sucks and Two New Tips to Help

I spent this past weekend holding a teething little person who was not happy about it. I agree with his ability to be irritable and fuss because he had a fever and just wanted to be held by mommy for comfort. He was still a trooper trying to play then deciding he wasn't having it. He gave a few little smiles but wasn't his happy normal self. Even though I had been through it once before this weekend reminded me that I hated teething and it sucks.

I couldn't remember any of the tricks or tips when I went through it the first time but cool baths, ice, cold face cloth in the freezer, and Tylenol. I barely remembered that! Cool baths and Tylenol was the only thing I could remember when his temperature had gotten so high. My husband and I don't care to give the medication unless necessary.

So, of course I got some inspiring ideas for teething once the fever broke but, I just had to share them. My sister tagged me in a post on Instagram showing a little cutie sucking on a popsicle but not just any popsicle a breastmilk popsicle! This mom had the genius idea of taking breast milk and freezing it in popsicle forms. It fit two needs to soothe babies mouth from teething pain and fill babies tummy of some good eats. Full tummy and less mouth pain sounds like a win win to me!

My cousin came by told me a tip I had never heard of. She said put some vanilla extract on a qtip and rub the area of discomfort and it will take the pain away. She said she had to do it on a sore tooth she had and she said it really works! She even told me about getting the ice cube trays that are smaller and making ice the size that little hands can hold and eat themselves.

Hopefully, these new tips can help you with your teething little one. At least my weekend was filled with hugs and kisses from mommy!

Until next time loves!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shea Moisture Shea Butter Vegan Lip Balm...Wait! Can We Talk?

Hello July: Well Wishes and Thoughts

Hello September