I Forgot Post: My New Obsession

I was going through my computer and saw an old blog post that I had done when I had tried Detroit Make Me Fierce hair for the first time back in August on our Vegas vacation but never posted! I figured why not post it now seeing like there is no time like the present since I am currently wearing their hair now and was going to make a post about the hair and my trip for my birthday. Hope you enjoy!!!!

My New Obsession



I wanna talk about hair! I have this new obsession with my hair! I am a natural girl been officially curly for the past year and a half. Before then I was getting it pressed out, braided, and getting not so good sew ins. I would always end up with bad hair so I would never be able to do it. I would look worse than my own hair! I didn’t know you could even get bad hair. I never knew that something that could exist in the land of sew in hair. I recently found that out after my last experience of trying one for my birthday this year. The hair was only good for a week! The first week that it was in my hair at that! So, after that I kind of tried to stay away from it. So, I focused on my natural curly hair. There is nothing wrong with that. I am able to wash and go and not have to worry about it. But, I constantly thrived for the constant moisture with my hair and trying to make it the best healthy hair that it could be. But, I am a girl that likes to switch things up. So, I had been thinking about a protective style for my hair. I thought I could do some Senegalese Twists or a sew in. But, it just couldn’t be any sew in that I had done in the past. It could be any processed hair from the beauty supply store and run the risk of getting bad hair because it was bought in bulk and just wanted someone to buy it after its shelf life. I was so far over that! Wasn’t going to ever happen to me again and if so I would probably vow off sew ins forever! So, like with anything I did my research. The big then in hair in Detroit is getting bundled hair in 4 ounce packaging. The thought of getting bad hair from someone that wasn’t even packaged scared me (I was fooled like that once before! So, that store that I purchased that hair from I vowed not to go back!) I listened to see what friends where and how much they were purchasing their hair from. Of course to me I thought they were paying too much for hair $300 for 2 bundles of hair! Well, we were taking a trip as a family my husband a couple of siblings to Vegas and I didn’t want to wear my hair out. So, I figured what a perfect way to have long hair and don’t care when your letting it down in Vegas anyway. So, I contacted my hair dresser because she told me that she could get the hair a little cheaper than what they were charging on the streets. After, a couple of days of emails and phone tag turned out that the hair that she was going to order wouldn’t be back in time. So, I decided that it wasn’t going to work even though I really want my hair sew in and to be long and sexy. I kept trying to sell myself on braids which can be done in a sexy manner but it wasn’t what I truly wanted. A trip to get my nails done prior to my trip I told my nail tech the struggle of trying to get hair and not being able to get my hair appointment at a good time. She suggested that I go to her girl that did her hair and a couple of hair places on Instagram. I turned to social media and started following these people that sold bundled hair and learn a couple of things. That of course the longer the hair the more it cost and the length I wanted was in a more reasonable price range I was willing to spend. There was now hope that I could have my hair the way I wanted for my trip I was sold! I was able to get my hair appointment with her girl and was able to get my hair a couple of days later. I got a 16 in, 18 in, and a closure so that way I could get my hair the break that it deserved. I was too excited!!! I got my hair done and enjoyed my trip! Needless to say is that I love my hair!!! It is easy to do for someone that doesn’t know how to do hair and I love it! It’s get up and go hair! So, I am so glad that I was able to get it done. Now, I think I am going to be a sew in queen because I love the look and the easiness of being able to do it and go. So, it may be pricey in the beginning but this hair can last for a long time. The price evens itself out with the longevity of this hair. One of my friends has worn her hair for total of 6 months (2 sew ins) and her friend is currently wearing it now. My only thing is now I have to find a person that can really sew in some hair! The girl that did mine put my closure in wrong so it’s up to hair and not at my natural hair line so you can see my braid depending on how I wear it. It makes me want to take it out and get it sown in again but I am going to wait but I am super excited and still loving my hair regardless. What to say thank you Detroit Make Me Fierce for such great hair!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shea Moisture Shea Butter Vegan Lip Balm...Wait! Can We Talk?

Hello July: Well Wishes and Thoughts

Hello September